Despite the availability of numerous video editing software, users are looking for some multi-functionality video editors which are lightweight as well as gives the users the same functionality as the professional editing software does.
For video editing, if we are planning to choose between Movavi vs iMovie, it is seen that iMovie comes with a bunch of features that can not be replaced by any of the software in that range.
Both the software are efficient enough to create a masterpiece out of the raw available clips and footages.
As is it known that Apple has made iMovie only for the Mac users, that’s were Movavi acts as the best available alternative of iMovie for editing the video with the same ease and quite a similar functionalities to be worked with.
What does a beginner look for while choosing a video editor for the first time? The answer is quite simple that is the interface with which the user has to work. An easy and intuitive interface makes it easy to learn the software very quickly.
Movavi and iMovie come in a lot of pleasing interfaces and icons for making the working process easier for the amateurs.
The editor for those who want to make their footage speak a thousand words. Movavi lets its users add transitions, captions, text annotations, and different filters to their videos.
Color Filters make the videos look more beautiful than they are for making it more attractive and pleasant for its users.
With easy to learn, it offers its users a very quick and responsive interface to ease them while working with the editor.
Movavi offers a Montage Wizards, which is used to turn a raw clip into a theme base movie clip. With lots of sound adjustments such as normalizing, equalizing, and many more makes the audio of the videos more clear and accurate.
Movavi Lets you visualize your ideas into a realistic video form and letting your imagination to be seen by everyone.
- Effects: Movavi have a bunch of special effects and decorative objects to be applied to the clips to make it look more attractive.
- Decoration: Let it be Vignette, objects, or subtitles, through Movavi the clips could be loaded with all of the stuff for letting the editor’s creativeness into the footage.
- Audio enhancement: Audios and Sounds could be adjusted and equalized as required to make it more clear and crisp as required for the moment of the footage.
- Built-in Content: Movavi has a library of Intros, music, stickers to be used in the video wherever necessary on the fingertip for quick and fast access.
- Bunch of Video Formats: Movavi supports more than 157 plus formats to be worked on while importing and exporting the video clips such as MOV, FLV, MPEG, MP4, etc.
- Device Support: Movavi supports almost every media-based device, including all video and audio equipment such as smartphones, Digital SLR, Action Cameras.
Why Choose Movavi Video Editor? (PROS)
- Movavi has an interactive and easy user interface for its users.
- Movavi offers a variety of transitions to its users.
- It comes with a bundle of direct export options such as local storage, storage devices, or Social Video Streaming Websites such as Youtube and Facebook.
- Photo Slide shows can also be created in Movavi apart for Primary video editing.
- Slideshow creation is an additional functionality given by Movavi.
- The image can be easily stabilized in Movavi Video Editor.
- Movavi supports Mono-Stereo and Surround sound for its videos.
- Professional Video editing tools are not present.
- Color Grading is limited to a certain extent.
- Motion Graphics could not be created.
What is unique about Movavi?
Movavi’s easy learning curve due to its friendly interface makes it different from other available alternatives. It offers Simple and lightweight editing tools for its users.
Who’s it for?
Movavi is for the occasional users who does not want a heavy to use software with too many functionalities. The users who want a simple video editing software generally prefer it.
Supported Platforms: Movavi Video Editor is available for both Windows as well as macOS.
- Operating system: macOS X® 10.7 or higher
- Processor: 64-bit Intel processor
- Graphics card: Intel® HD Graphics 2000, NVIDIA® GeForce® series 8 and 8M, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro FX 5600, AMD Radeon™ R600, Mobility Radeon™ HD 4330, Mobility FirePro™ series, Radeon™ R5 M230
- Display: 1280 × 800 screen resolution, 32-bit color
- RAM: 256 MB RAM
- Hard Drive Space: 200 MB available hard disk space for installation, 500 MB for ongoing operations
- Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Processor: Intel, AMD, or compatible dual-core processor, 1.5 GHz
- Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 2000, NVIDIA GeForce series 8 and 8M, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro FX 5600, AMD Radeon R600, Mobility Radeon HD 4330, Mobility FirePro series, Radeon R5 M230
- Display: 1280 × 768 screen resolution, 32-bit color
- RAM: 512 MB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista & 2 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Hard Drive Space: 800 MB available hard disk space for installation & 500 MB for ongoing operations
Movavi comes with a Free Trial of 7 days.
Costs US$39.95 for Windows and Mac for one Pc which includes Cutting, trimming, joining of the videos as the core functionalities as well as Effects and transitions library, Automatic video creation plus a Default media pack (has 5 intros and outros, 10 sample videos, 27 music tracks, 10 stickers)
Is Movavi Video Editor worth it?
For the windows users who are not much into professional video editing Movavi is worth as an editor for its users with a couple of tools for the creation of movies from footages and converting them as per the conceptual ideas of the editor.
For getting an experience like never before on your mac and iOS devices iMovie comes features to make Hollywood grade clips from the raw footages.
Import the clips, trim as per need, combine them, add music, make adjustments on your timeline from raw to finished all in iMovie for producing a masterpiece content for the viewers.
For the Apple users, iMovie is an introductory editor for creating meaningful clips from the raw ones, by giving it a creative touch using different available effects and transitions to be used on the clips.
Mostly used by the beginners and occasional users, iMovie lets its user tell their unique stories in a very creative visualized way.
Resolutions such as 4k are been supported by iMovie which could be loaded in the timeline for creating and producing high-quality movies.
- Built-in Effects: iMovie offers templates, effects, and enhancement for the videos for making the videos furthermore creative and narrative.
- Cross-Device Functionality: Video editing could be resumed from the point where it’s been left from one device to another with the help of airdrop or iCloud.
- Touch Panel: The all-new touch panel compatibility of the touch bar makes the actions quick and more precisely controllable.
- Trailers: It comes with a predefined library of trailer templates to choose from, which makes it easy for the clips to be dropped in the timeline for the creation of storyboards.
- Audio Effects: The movie or video is incomplete without suitable audios and sounds. Apple has made this easy by providing lots of audio effects to add on.
- Publishing: iMovie lets the user publish their full-fledged movies to different sources such as Instagram, Youtube, etc. and that too in 4k resolution.
Why Choose iMovie? (PROS)
- iMovie comes with a clean and elegant interface with a streamlined organization of tools and panels.
- iMovie is robust while integrating with supported available apple products.
- Simple and quick selection while choosing project clips to start with.
- iMovie offers customizable keyboard shortcuts to make the task easier and a lot faster.
- iMovie offers green screen controls for the clips.
- iMovie does not offer a multi-cam feature for its users.
- 360 degrees and VR video creation and production are not there.
- It only runs over mac and iOS devices; hence it’s not a cross-platform software.
- Interface present in iMovie could not be customized.
- Export formats are limited in iMovie.
What is unique about iMovie?
The functionality of resuming the editing from device to device makes it unique in its class. If a video is in the process of editing on an ios device and the user wants to complete the remaining work on the mac, this is possible.
Who’s it for?
Intermediates and Beginners who want to try their hands-on video editing software are the potential users of iMovie. The users who own a Mac or IOS device usually prefer using iMovie.
Supported Platforms: iMovie runs over Mac Os and iOS devices.
iMovie for iOS is available on the App Store. iOS 13 or later required. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
iMovie for Mac requires OS X El Capitan or later, 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended), an OpenCL-capable graphics card, and a display with 1280×800 resolution or higher.
iMovie is free for Apple users and can be directly downloaded from Apple’s official website.
Is Apple iMovie worth it?
iMovie being an Apple product makes its place in the topmost position in its category, and secondly, being free to use products makes it the best of all.
Main Differences Between Movavi Vs iMovie Video Editor
Below are the top differences between Movavi Vs. iMovie
 Movavi runs on both macOS as well as Windows, whereas iMovie runs only on IOS and Mac os.
 Movavi has a tool to make a Slide show out of the photos, but iMovie does not provide any such options.
 In Movavi video editor, users can export files in various file formats without any issue, but in iMovie, the formats are restricted.
 Movavi comes with an extensive collection of decorative objects and effects where iMovie has a bit backfoot for the same.
 While comparing in terms of price point Movavi Costs for US$39.95 and comes with a 7 days free trial but on the other hand, iMovie is free of cost for the apple users.
Which Software Is Better For Video Editing, Movavi, or iMovie?
iMovie is a winner in all respects except one which is it does not run over cross-platform and only is restricted to macOS.
Apple From its top-notch hardware makes the processing extraordinary while rendering and producing a video on iMovie.
Movavi is no doubt a good option, but in the end, it is an alternative to iMovie, which says it all.
Movavi Vs iMovie: Who’s the Winner?
iMovie is a winner in comparison with Movavi, which gets the second position after iMovie. For the apple users, iMovie is the best option they have got.
In spite of the fact that Movavi comes with several bundles packed with effects even though the finishing of the transition and objects offered by iMovie can not be beaten by Movavi.
The top-class Apple’s hardware makes the processing and experience lag-free for its users even while rendering and producing high-resolution videos.
So, Which One Should You Pick?
If I have to choose between Movavi Vs iMovie, the answer to this would be a bit different, which is if the device used by me is a mac, I would undoubtedly choose iMovie.
Apple not only gives the user best in class tools and efficiency but also let them use the desired software on the go even while they are not physically present in front of the Desktop or Laptop.
And further, when the user has access to the device, the work can be resumed from the point where it was left on the iOS device, which makes it easy for the users to work while they travel.
Whereas if the device is Windows, then I have no other option left other than choosing Movavi as the video editor for editing and rendering the clips. The endurance and efficiency of iMovie make it a complete winner for its users.
Hopefully, you have found this Movavi Vs iMovie comparison guide worthwhile and it has helped you to make an informed choice about these two video editing software.