Final Cut Pro Vs Adobe After Effects, both of these acquire the top spot between the editors for quite a long period.
Both of these software provides its user’s functionalities to edit, render, add visual effects to the video clippings using various tools and templates.
With their performance and robust capabilities, they can produce and render content which is always been remarkable for its viewers.
Every single time the Comparison between Final Cut Pro and After Effects takes place, it unfolds many new aspects for both of these in quite an interesting way.
Getting an effective software for all your needs is not as easy as it seems to be. There are so many factors that are to be kept in while before going forward by choosing between Final Cut Pro Vs. Adobe After Effects.
Talking in terms of a solution that provides a hundred percent satisfaction, both of these are reliable software to be trusted.
Apple Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is Apple’s Professional Video editing software made for its users with an entirely intuitive interface.
Final Cut Pro lets its users add 2D and 3D visuals into their clippings as well as provide layer-wise processing.
Final Cut Pro has a trackless Magnetic Timeline, which is both easier and has eye catchy looks when compared with the traditional timeline.
Either you be an editor or a beginner, Apple offers you the best in class tools and functionalities to work with depending upon the nature of the work.
It offers advanced color correction and grading options to be worked upon raw footages.
Final Cut Pro is a non-linear video editing software that can edit combine and compose raw clips into a finished final deliverable.
- VR: Final cut pro gives its user the functionality to create Virtual Reality Videos.
- Tagging: Lets the users organize the assets, which include videos and Audio systematically, with the tagging ability it can fast clip portions of the video and entire clips.
- Color Adjustments: Apple offers tools for Advance color grading and correction in the clippings, which lets it possible to make pixel wide color adjustments.
- Templates: Final cut pro comes with Motion Graphic Templates.
- 360 Degree Video: Final Cut provides functionality to create a 360-degree ready video.
- Object Tracking: It allows a keyframe system that allows text and images to be moved over the screen using an object to object tracking.
- Rendering in Background: While working with new projects, users do not have to wait until the previous video renders, the rendering could take place in the background while work on new projects could be done in the timeline.
Why Choose Final Cut Pro? (PROS)
- Apple offers good documentation and forum support for its users to resolve issues if stuck at some point while working with the software.
- The auditing feature allows us to try out tools and different effects on the clips for a try on, and it would not affect the actual clipping’s integrity.
- Collapsing audio components makes the workflow streamlined and easy to use.
- With the help of face detection, it makes it easier to create content chronology.
- Auto image stabilization makes it a cut down in the process to make things faster while editing the videos at the time of import.
- There is no need for Transcoding.
- It is only available for macOS.
- Audio and sound editing is not robust as compared to the available alternatives.
What is unique about Final Cut Pro?
Final cut pro does not limit to a specific type of hardware and the performance could be increased upon adding up more powerful hardware to boost up the performance.
Who’s it for?
The professionals from social media content creators to the ones who work on Hollywood grade Films are the potential users.
Supported Platforms: Final Cut Pro only works on macOS.
Minimum System Requirements to run Final Cut Pro are:
- The system should have macOS 10.14.6 or later
- 4GB of RAM is required, but 8GB is recommended for 4K editing and 3D titles and 360° video.
- A metal-capable graphics card increases the performance of the software.
- 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles and 360° video editing
- 8GB of available disk space is required.
Final Cut Pro has a Free Trial for 90 days.
The paid version is for US$ 299.99 and comes in different languages like English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Is Final Cut Pro worth it?
If combined with the power of Mac device’s hardware then and there only the name starts to speak about its efficient behaviour and yes Final cut pro is a best choice to go for.
Adobe After Effects
Adobe After Effects is more of a Visuals and motion graphic creation software than a primary video editing product.
Professionals more-over uses it in the post-production process of Hollywood grade film, as well as television production.
Either it is keying, or creation of the right video animation Adobe After effects does it all.
It is considered to be one of the standard-based software as per the video industry, which works on visual effects and motion pictures. There are many ways to create and visualize spices.
Using Adobe After Effects user can add motions and keyframes to shapes and logos which are used in the videos.
Adobe has a wide range of features for all kinds of users depending on their needs and the work that needs to be done.
Considering the name After Effects enables it to describe its functionality that is used to get into action after adds to results after the primary video editing task is completed.
For beginners, it’s a bit difficult to get rolling quickly, but all thanks to Adobe After Effects User-Friendly Interface, which makes it easy to learn for everyone in a short period and hands-on practice.
- Built-in Effects Library: There are hundreds of built-in features available in the library for making the videos creative and interactive like styling effects blur and many more.
- Extending Functionality: By using the plugins, users can add multiple templates and effects to the library and use them when needed.
- Data-Based Animation: The animation could be interactively be created using JSON based data-driven files after the files been imported.
- VR video Creation: It lets the editors make the videos that let the user feel that they are actually in the video itself in the form of virtual reality.
- Templates: Adobe After effects offer a variety of templates for Motion Graphics.
- GPU based Enhancement: With the use of GPU acceleration, we can boot the rendering quality and speed while its in post-production.
- Intuitive Menu: It comes with dropdown menus for properties and adding enhanced functionality of a tool, which makes it more user-friendly.
Why Choose Adobe After Effects? (PROS)
- Adobe offers 3D capabilities to be used in videos that use CINEMA 4D Lite.
- It comes with advanced tools that can be used in many ways.
- Tracking objects to insert images/animations is possible.
- Integration with other Adobe products is possible with cross-product compatibility.
- Performance can be increased by increasing system hardware.
- Users can interact with parenting, which is the parent’s and child’s layer in the sense of inheritance.
- It offers an integrated Camera tool for monetization with three mouse buttons for extra control.
- The software is not resource-friendly and uses a much amount of RAM.
- Adobe After effects has an intimidating list of features on its toolbar.
What is unique about Adobe After Effects?
Adobe After Effects with its unique typography and 2D-3D tracking makes it intelligent and Unique from its competitors.
By giving the most efficient and creative Motions Graphic Effects as well as Animations to be created, it makes the video more realistic and appealing.
Who’s it for?
The ones who want to step a bit more further for making the video footages look more worthy, interesting, realistic, and are not getting much from their initial video editing software, which they are currently using.
Adobe Gives them a free hand to work with different interactive tools and features to be worked upon on their projects.
Supported Platforms: Adobe After Effects work upon macOS as well as on the Windows platform.
- Processor: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) versions 1803 and later
- RAM: 16 GB minimum (32 GB is recommended)
- GPU: 2GB of GPU VRAM, but Adobe strongly recommends updating to NVIDIA driver
- Hard disk space: 5GB of available hard-disk space. Additional disk space for disk cache recommended is 10GB.
- Monitor resolution: 1280×1080 or greater display resolution
- Processor: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Operating system: macOS versions 10.13 and later. Note: macOS version 10.12 is not supported
- RAM: 16 GB minimum (32 GB recommended)
- GPU: 2GB of GPU VRAM
- Hard disk space: 6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation
- Monitor resolution: 1440×900 or greater display resolution
VR System Requirements
- Oculus Rift: Windows 10
- Windows Mixed Reality: Windows 10
- HTC Vive: Windows 10 | 27” iMac with Radeon Pro graphics | Mac OS 10.13.3 or later | iMac Pro with Radeon Vega graphics
Adobe After Effects comes with a 7 days free trial.
The users who are willing to pay the amount in a single shot, Adobe offers them their Annual plan, which is been paid monthly and costs US$ 239.88/year and is to be paid earlier.
For those who wish to pay in chunks for a year for them, the plan costs US$ 20.99/month.
This Monthly plan of US$ 31.49/month is for the ones who do not want to bind themselves for a long period.
It includes Access to the latest features and updates as soon as they’re released and 100GB of cloud storage as well as Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts, and Adobe Spark.
Is Adobe After Effects worth it?
Yes, definitely Adobe After Effects is more than it worths.
By the features, it provides to its users and the way it is still giving updates day by day which comes with all new tools being added up with different functionalities that makes it the best choice amongst its users.
Main Differences Between Final Cut Pro Vs Adobe After Effects
Below are the top differences between Final Cut Pro Vs After Effects
 Apple Final Cut Pro comes with a Touch Bar Support compatibility due to the reason its runs of Mac’s, but in the case of Adobe After Effects, there is no as such support been given to its users.
 Being an NLE Apple Final Cut Pro has a Magnetic Timeline Available for its users, but in the case of Adobe After Effects, it’s not been available. Adobe After Effects gives a wide range of Color Labels to work with, but Apple Final Cut Pro lags in the same.
 Key Word Tagging makes it easier to sort and manage files and clippings which are offered in Apple Final Cut Pro but not in Adobe After Effects.
 Talking of ease of use, After Effects is a bit difficult for first-time users while Final cut pro’s interface looks a bit interactive and easy for the beginners.
 Adobe After Effects has a lot more collaboration options for the project teams to work simultaneously on a single project within or outside the network; this is where Final Cut Pro does not have a lot of options to provide with the same.
 Taking the price point of both of the software Adobe After Effects costs for US$239.88/year, whereas Apple Final Cut Pro is a for US$299.99, which is to be paid for once.
Which Software Is Better For Video Editing, Final Cut Pro, or After Effects?
Talking in terms of platform compatibility while choosing between Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects, Adobe After Effects grabs its position over final cut pro as it runs on more than one Operating system.
Whereas Final Cut Pro runs on only one. Both of them come under the best in choice of editors.
Adobe After effects masters in motion graphics and visual effects, on the other hand, final cut pro leaves its impression by providing top-notch color grading and editing options for its users.
Users who are satisfied with the hardware options are given by Apple could go for the Final Cut Pro for their Editing but, if Acceleration is a key point to be considered, then definitely Adobe Has more Hardware integration available than Final cut pro.
So, Which One Should You Pick?
Final Cut Pro provides an intuitive, easy-to-use interface with a Magnetic timeline to work with, which makes it easy for the beginner also to work with a professional video editor.
Adobe has a steep Learning curve and might be a bit difficult to master the software very quickly.
Final Cut Pro Vs After Effects, If I would have to choose a simple video editing software, so I would go with Final Cut pro only if I have a Mac Based Device. Check other video editing software.
Otherwise, My first choice would always be Adobe After Effects for Creating high-end Motion Graphics and animation to the video clippings and giving it a Hollywood movie touch.
Hopefully, you have found this Final Cut Pro Vs Adobe After Effects comparison guide worthwhile and it has helped you to make an informed choice about these two video editing software.